Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Day in the French Quarter



It's a pretty rare opportunity to walk through the streets of New Orleans without the blazing heat or a random down pour but this Saturday we were blessed with beautiful weather and spent our day in the French Quarters. No matter how short my visit, whenever I make a trip to New Orleans I squeeze in the time to eat and shop in the quarters where the options are endless to buy unique pieces and fill your belly.

(chilled Barq's root beer, sno - balls, Jackson square, Cafe Du Monde Beignets)

My absolute favorite place to shop is the vintage clothing store UAL. As soon as I step through the door I enter a shopping frenzy. In the small store designer duds literally hang from the ceiling and rows of racks encompass the floor. Not only do they carry women's clothing but men's too! Open 7 days a week you can find designer fashion from Betsey Johnson to Lanvin 70 - 90% off. They carry everything your heart desires, handbags, shoes accessories and apparel. I can't ever leave there empty handed but if you're at the store and can't make a decision to purchase on the spot don't worry you can simply call the store and if they still have the item UAL will ship it straight to your doorstep.
( UAL street sign, Michael Kors coat, Burberry bag, Cynthia Rowley LBD, Marc Jacobs quilted bag)

As many pieces as I fell in love with I mustered up the ability to restrain myself (with help of my much more frugal roommate) and left with only a few necessities (or so I'm calling them). A couple of bracelets, a cross body bag and gold necklace. The top bracelet by an unknown designer and the lavender one below by a Rachel Leigh both only $5. The necklace (designer unknown) is short and perfect for layering at $25. The biggest steal by a far is is a Romy Gold beige cross body bag with leather and pewter chain fringe. It was only $80 and retails at $575.

If only I had all the money in the world for all of they pretty things! Until then there will always be window shopping and small splurges :)